PSNA’s Legislative Day will be held on March 31, 2014, at the State Capitol in Harrisburg.
The day will start with a complimentary breakfast at The State Museum of Pennsylvania. Join your colleagues for a day of continuing education and advocacy. You will have the opportunity to meet with your legislators; PSNA will schedule your appointments based on your registration information. Your participation will show legislators your passion for nursing and allow them face-to-face time with our State’s health care experts. It is the expectation of the Association that you attend your scheduled legislator meeting(s). Legislative Day is FREE to PSNA members and pre-license nursing students. CE cost is $20 for non-members. For more information, contact PSNA Director of Government Affairs Kevin Busher at 717-798-8908 or email@example.com.
Access the: Schedule of Events
- Leadership, Advocacy and Influence by AnnMarie Papa, DNP, RN, CEN, NE-BC, FAEN, Penn Medicine
- Nurses Leading: The 5 W’s of Policy Change by Janet Haebler, RN, MSN, American Nurses Assoc.
- How a Bill Really Becomes a Law by Ted Mowatt, Certified Association Executive
- Leadership Development and History of Women in Political Leadership by Rep. Mauree Gingrich
- Remember to wear your white lab coats to let everyone know you are a nurse!
- Bring your camera and post your Legislative Day pictures on Twitter (@PSNA_GOVA) #PSNALegisDay2014 and on the PSNA Facebook fan page.
- Parking options
The continuing education sessions have been submitted for continuing education approval.
Pennsylvania State Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation.